FULBRIGHT Scholar Program: A program of the United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Learn more
Senior FULBRIGHT Scholar
- Professional Development Workshops: “Learning Disabilities: Differentiation, Identification, & Strategies,” Qatar University, May 17th and 24th, 2011.
- Guest Lecturer: “Communicating With and About People with Disabilities.” College of Pharmacy, Qatar University, May 25th, 2011.
- Professional Development Workshops: “Universal Design Learning for the Diverse Classroom: Teaching Students in the Digital Age!” 4th Annual Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Education, College of the North Atlantic and the Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology, Qatar, 16, 17, and 18th of April 2011.
- Continuing Education for Healthcare Providers: “What Every Healthcare Professionals Should Know About Learning Disabilities.” Qatar Rumailah Hospital to physicians, nurses, therapists, and educators, March 17th, 2011.
- Research Seminar: “Self-Determination for People with Disabilities.” College of Education, Qatar University, March 16th, 2011.
- Professional Development Workshops: “How do Students Learn Best: Brain Research on Knowledge, Depth, Intentions, Emotions,” Qatar University, March 10th and March 20th, 2011.
- Research Inquiry: “Establishing a Research Agenda.” Department of Psychological Sciences, Qatar University, March 13th, 2011.
- Guest Lecturer: “Integrating University Design Learning and Assistive Technology for Educational Leaders.” College of Education, Department of Educational Leadership, Qatar University, March 20th, 2011.
- Professional Development for Qatar Regional Teachers. Qatar University, March 10th, 2011.
Senior FULBRIGHT Specialist
- Professional Development at Zirve University, Feb 9-March 10, 2014.
- “What are Developmentally Appropriate Practices?”
- “We Know How the Brain Works, But How Does It LEARN?”
- “What You Think You Know: 5 Myths about Teaching and Learning.”
- “If Critical Is So Important, Why is it so Difficult to Teach?”
- “How Do Students with Learning Disabilities Really Learn?
- “Students with Learning Disabilities: How do they learn?
- “Hearing and Visual Impairment: Adaptions for teachers.”
- “Early Math Learning: Red flag for math difficulties.”
- “Communicating with and about People with Disabilities.”
- “How Difficult Can learning Math Be?” Presentation for 3rd year math majors.
- U.S. Department of State Speaker, Fulbright Hays, Nov 20-28, 2014.
- “Science Spectacular: Hands-on Science Modules on Fundamental Scientific Principals on Energy, Motion, Sound, Pressure, Light, Forces, and Electricity.”
- Sponsored by the U.S. Embassy in Doha, Qatar in collaboration with the Qatar Scientific Foundation.
Honorable Visiting Scholar