SELECTED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, P-16 (INTERNATIONAL)
U.S. Department of State. By Invitation from the U.S. Embassy in Qatar in consultation with the Supreme Education Council, Qatar Foundation, Rumaillah Hospital, and Hamad Medical Corporation.
- Improving Teacher Quality, Student Learning, and School Outcome: Implications for
- Impactful Change.
- How the Brain Learns
- Myths about Teaching and Learning
- How to Teach Reading
- How to Teach Math
- What are Learning Disabilities
- How to Handle Difficult Behaviors in the Classroom
- Diagnosis of Childhood and Teens Depression and Mental Health
- Behavior Disorders & Emotional Disturbances; Social Maladjustment; Childhood Schizophrenia
U.S. Department of State, Speaker Specialist. By Invitation from the U.S. Embassy in Qatar in collaboration with the Qatar Scientific Foundation.
- Science Spectacular: Hands-on Science Modules on Fundamental Scientific Principals on Energy, Motion, Sound, Pressure, Light, Forces, and Electricity.
Senior Fulbright Specialist, Zirve University, Gaziantep, Turkey
- What are Developmentally Appropriate Practices?
- We Know How the Brain Works, But How Does It LEARN?
- What You Think You Know: 5 Myths about Teaching and Learning.
- If Critical Is So Important, Why is it so Difficult to Teach?
- How Do Students with Learning Disabilities Really Learn?
- Students with Learning Disabilities: How do they learn?
- Hearing and Visual Impairment: Adaptations for teachers
- Early Math Learning: Red flag for math difficulties
- Communicating with and about People with Disabilities
Current Issues and Practices of Special Education: Implications for Children with Special Needs in Singapore, Autism Resource Center, Key Management Board Meeting, Ministry of Education and the National Council of Social Services, Singapore, July 2004.
Honorable Visiting Scholar for Taiwan Municipal University of Education
- Conducted Professional Development for educators and consulted with Taiwan Teacher Education.
- Integrating Universal Design for the Diverse Learners
- U.S. Trends in Special Education
- Understanding How the Brain Works
- International Trends in Special Education
- What Every Healthcare Professionals Should Know About Learning Disabilities. Education
- for Healthcare Providers, Qatar Rumailah Hospital.
- Research Seminar: Self-Determination for People with Disabilities
- How do Students Learn Best: Brain Research on Knowledge, Depth, Intentions, & Emotions,
- Establishing a Research Agenda. Research Inquiry, Department of Psychological Sciences.
- Integrating University Design Learning and Assistive Technology for Educational Leaders.
- Department of Educational Leadership.
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, P-16 (USA)
Parents as Advocates for Change in Education (PACE), Hawaii.
- Autism: What It Is and What It’s Not
- Teaching Math the Correct Way
- Reading Diagnosis and Interventions
- Diagnosis and Application of Spelling Error Patterns
- Edgewood College, Wisconsin, Madison
- Who Are Our Students: Responding to Students’ Learning Needs in the Classroom
- Effective Teaching in Diverse College Classrooms
New Faculty Effective Teaching Workshops, Penn State Altoona
- How to Reach Students with Learning Difficulties: Is It What You Teach or How You Teach?
- How College Students Engage, Retain, & Transfer What They Have Learned
- Cognitive Science of Learning
Title V Sophomore Success & PROF Center, Texas A&M International University, Laredo, Texas
- Successful Students are Self-Determined Students
- Promoting Self-Determination & Self-Directed learning with College Students
- Why Students Think They Understand When They Don’t: Differentiating Learning Skills & Studying Habits
- Promoting Student outcomes of Self-Efficacy, Locus of Control, Persistence, & Commitment
- How to Reach Students with Learning Difficulties: Is it What You Teach or How You Teach
- How College Students Engage, Retain, & Transfer what They have Learned